Monday, June 20, 2011

Video Monday: Stage Three Foods

This past Saturday evening was Riley’s first experience with stage three foods.

These differ from stage two in that they are not as finely pureed. The overall consistency of the meal is thicker and small chunks of meat and veggies are left intact.

I didn’t think this would be an issue for Riley since he’s had small bits of food here and there, mostly tastes of what I happen to be eating for lunch.

And in addition, the quantity of stage three foods is larger, which I figured wouldn’t at all be a problem for Riley.

I was sadly mistaken.

IMG_0656

I’m not sure why, but he made some of the most awful faces he has shown us to date and also gagged a number of times throughout his dinner. I did get him to take about three quarters of the jar, but only because I plied him with fruit towards the end.

IMG_0659 IMG_0661 

I felt a little bad for my boy, but I also know that it wasn’t hurting him one bit to try this new grub. He will get used to it, and it won’t always take the better part of an hour to feed him.

IMG_0657

At least I hope it won’t.

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...