Saturday, June 4, 2011

Holding His Own

When we chatted with Dr. N at Riley’ first appointment with her this past Wednesday, she said we needed to continue with the sippy cup training. We were already making decent strides and I am happy to report that he’s doing much better with it. We’re now giving his morning milk and his lunch milk to him in sippy cups instead of bottles, and he’s taking to them really well.

IMG_0492

I also mentioned to Dr. N that he wasn’t holding his own bottles, that I was still the one feeding him. She said it was just pure laziness on his part and also a little bit of me giving in to him. Why would he want to hold it when I was perfectly willing to do it for him? So the next day before his first nap I decided to hold out the bottle to him and make him take it and feed himself.

IMG_0475

Worked like a charm. He now gives himself a bottle right before he goes down for both of his naps and for the night. However, we’re still working on him using the sippy cup himself. That one is a little harder since he is sitting more upright in his highchair and hasn’t quite figured out how to tilt it up higher to get more milk out. But I am confident he’ll get the hang of it soon.

IMG_0499

I hate to admit it, but my boy is growing up.

WAY too fast.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...