Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Family Time

Since Kenny and I have been so busy lately with our big move, we hadn’t been able to spend a lot of time with Riley. However, Kenny unpacked the last trailer load on Saturday afternoon. Now we are all done, and the weekends are ours again.

I got up with Riley on Sunday morning and let Kenny sleep. Then we decided we just couldn’t take it anymore and jumped into bed with him.

Well, Riley did while I took photos.

Of course.

The three of us lounged around for a good amount of time; I’m so glad we were able to contribute unwittingly to Riley’s play areas by moving.

IMG_0592 IMG_0594 IMG_0599

I was also able to take photos during Riley’s lunch on Sunday since Kenny was there to feed him…..check out the two milestone pictures below: holding his own sippy cup (and still needing to tilt it up more, but that’s okay) and the first picture of his first tooth. The tooth is hard to see because it’s so small (and because he was more interested in eating than cooperating with me and my camera), but it’s the faint white thing in the middle of the white oval. I promise it’s there; you just have to look really hard.

IMG_0603 tooth

And Kenny even took the time to snap a photo with his phone while he was playing with Riley in his room after lunch. Don’t you just love it? I sure do.

IMAG0044

We rounded out our family day with a dip in the pool, and it was great having Kenny there so he could see how much Riley loves being in the water. We put him in his little floaty raft thing at first, which he seemed to really like. Then I took him out of his raft, and Ken and I took turns letting him splash around in our arms. He had a ball, giggling and laughing and gasping and making some of the funniest faces we have ever seen.

IMG_0612 IMG_0613 IMG_0617

By the time we got Riley out of the pool, gave him his dinner, bathed him, dressed him, read to him, gave him his last bottle of the day, and put him to bed, I’d say he was well worn out. Here is proof, taken at 10:11pm that night:

(Sometimes I really don’t know how he’s comfortable….)

IMG_0591

I hope there are many more weekend days like this one in the near future; I sure do love being with my boys.

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

What a sweet post! And the picture of RileyBean looking in the mirror is just the cutest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...