Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Social

When Kenny and I were living away from New Orleans we rarely did much outside of our house, especially once we had Riley. We just didn’t know anyone aside from co-workers, whom we saw only occasionally. And I still regret not getting to know our neighbors better, but we just never did.

However, not socializing certainly isn’t the case now that we’re back in NOLA. We have so many family and friends in this city that there’s never a shortage of things do to, places to go, and people to see, which is much of the reason why we moved back in the first place. Don’t get me wrong, I still love being home, but I also love that there are many more opportunities incentives to get out and do something here.

For instance, Karen, Bridget, and I got together one afternoon last week for a playdate. Riley and I headed over to Bridget’s house after he woke up from his nap, and he played with Molly and Nathan and Madison and Hayden for an hour and a half while the girls and I chatted. It was so nice watching Riley interact with other kids. We didn’t have that before.

IMG_0566 IMG_0567 IMG_0569 IMG_0571 IMG_0574

Kenny and I have also already taken advantage of the plethora of babysitters available in this city (thanks Aunt Erin and Uncle Jeff!). We went to the latest NORC dinner last Friday night, held at La Petite Grocery on Magazine Street. It’s where my brother’s rehearsal dinner was in January of last year, and it’s still just as good as I remember it. Also, as we discovered upon arriving, we were dining amongst New Orleans royalty that night: Mayor Mitch Landrieu and his wife were having dinner at the bar.

IMG_0583 IMG_0584 IMG_0586

These are but two of the many things we are sure to be doing now that we are back. I am looking forward to doing lots more, and I am so glad I have Riley to share many of these experiences with, no matter how small they are.

June already promises to be a big month: we have two sets of visitors arriving practically back-to-back just two weeks from now.

Can’t wait!

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

what fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...