Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Food Wars

Riley and I are starting to do battle over dinner, and I am determined to win.

After the stage three disaster, you would think I’d have learned my lesson and scaled back his new way of eating.

Oh, but no.

I plowed right ahead full steam, thinking Riley could handle the next level the very next night.

I decided to give him a sampling of all of the wonderful and delicious options from our celebratory Father’s Day dinner, things like roasted turkey, caesar pasta salad, bulgur wheat and edamame salad, and potato casserole. I mashed everything up as best as I could (or cut it into very small pieces) and began his dinner a little before 5:30pm.

We didn’t finish the process until after 6.

IMG_0719

Whatcha got there in my bowl, Mom? It doesn’t look like the stuff I usually get…..

IMG_0720

I guess I’ll give it a try, seeing as I really have no choice in the matter.

IMG_0723

Hmmm, interesting.

IMG_0722

But I do not believe I like this.

IMG_0725

Please take it away.

IMG_0724

Where’s my normal food? Can’t a guy get a little pureed apple around here? I’d probably even settle for peas at this point!

Okay, so Riley actually did pretty well, considering all of the new textures and tastes, and I just need to learn to be more patient with him. (And start feeding him lots earlier so he can get to bed at a reasonable time, instead of just before 7pm.) He didn’t finish everything that was in his bowl, but I did give him a whole thing of pureed mango at the end, which he gobbled up.

The bottom line? A truce. I may be sticking with the pureed options a bit longer and easing him into the real food slowly but surely. That seems like the best option for both parties involved.

Wish us luck!

P.S. – A very Happy Birthday to Nola today…..we love you!

3 comments:

Uncle Jeff said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmmmm.....Harry Potter salad.

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

That boy makes some fun faces

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Please wait until Riley has more teeth so he chew better. Grams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...