Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Between the Couches

Nola is forever rearranging her furniture in this house, especially in the den. She’s always trying out new configurations, so just when we get used to one layout she goes and changes it up again.

Her latest arrangement is an interesting one, to say the least. She wanted to create two separate seating areas in the den, so she put her two leather couches back to back in the middle of the room, with the coffee table on one side facing the tv, an ottoman on the other side facing the kitchen, rugs under both, and two end tables flanking the couches.

IMG_0918

No one but her liked what she did at first, but I have to admit it’s grown on me. She’s contemplated changing it many times (mostly thanks to the grumblings of her family), but now she can’t.

IMG_0857

It has become Riley’s new playground.

IMG_0862 IMG_0860 IMG_0863

Riley discovered over the weekend that he can crawl through the space between the couches, and now he does it all the time when we’re playing in that room, dragging toys through there and stopping every now and then to evaluate what he has brought with him.

IMG_0865

So, the strange placement of furniture shall stay in its current position for a little while longer.

IMG_0868

At least until Riley gets bored with his new throughway.

But that very well could be next week.

Babies: they all have a little ADD in them.

5 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Such an ingenious child. Can blanket tents be far behind?

Uncle Jeff said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooo I can't wait for blanket tents. I have so much to teach him!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

AHA you do remember the tents on the card table... Hugs, Grams

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I would like to state for the record that I LOVED the arrangement when I saw it for the company party! Nola said I was the only one, but now the fans are coming out of the wood work! :)
HUGS
Lizzie

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Oohhh I love this! I would like to lobby for it to stay so I can crawl through on my next visit. And I would also like to have lunch delivered to me while sitting in there if we could arrange that. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...