Monday, December 16, 2019

My 40th Birthday

I turned 40 on November 12. There were lots of little birthday celebrations for me this year since it was a big one, and they were all so much fun. The first one was dinner out with Kenny, Ashley, Bridget, Greg, and Brian at Couvant in the Eliza Jane Hotel. Our waiter was pretty bad, but the food and the company were great.





The second celebration was on my actual birthday. It was a Tuesday this year, and I decided to spoil myself all day long. After discovering some sneaky birthday messages planted in my front yard and stapled to the pole at the corner of my street, I brought the boys to school. Then the real birthday fun began. I started with a massage, got a haircut, went to lunch at Boulevard with Nola and Lizzie, and wrapped it all up with a pedicure at Earthsavers before I picked up the boys from school. Such a nice way to spend my first day as 40.




That night, the boys and Kenny surprised me with flowers, cards, and a poster with 40 reasons they love me. So sweet. I loved reading what they came up with.



Kenny took me out for a progressive dinner on my birthday night. We started with appetizers and drinks at Peche, walked over to Compere Lapin for entrees and wine, and ended the night with dessert drinks at Josephine Estelle. Everything was amazing; I'm so glad we did this. Thank you, Baby!






Two nights later, the Krewe girls (Jake took Terah's place since she was working) and I went out to Boulevard after the Co-Op meeting. Dana gave me a pair of Kate Spade earrings that I've been wanting for a very long time, and Diana gave me a 1979 stemless wine glass, a 1979 pint glass, and a framed print of things that happened in 1979. So fun.



Then we celebrated more at Sunday dinner a few nights later. Nola made all of my special birthday requests: chicken curry, spinach salad, roasted cauliflower, and dark chocolate salted caramel Oreo pie. Yum.



The final 40th birthday event was entirely unexpected. We had plans set for an early Krewe holiday dinner on November 23. Little did Heidi and I know that it was actually a surprise birthday dinner for us. We gathered at Terah and Jake's for pre-dinner drinks and snacks, and Dana had a limo bus pick us up from there. We went downtown to Mr. B's for dinner (which I had made the reservations for myself...lol) and then across the street to the packed Carousel Bar for drinks. What a great surprise from great friends.











I wish I turned 40 every year!

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

You are so spoiled, in a good way, with such great friends and family who love you so much. I LOVE this post. I still remember like it was yesterday when I arrived at your parents' house the day you came home from the hospital and cuddled you in my arms. Hard to believe, yeah? Then, I laid you on my lap, and you stretched from my knees to my stomach and we just smiled at each other. So freakin cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...