Saturday, December 28, 2019

Annual Rib Room Lunch and Kids' Gingerbread House Party

The 2019 Friday before Christmas lunch was very similar to last year: Dana and I arrived a bit late and immediately joined our group in progress at our normal table. (Perry outdid himself with the decorations; we all loved the Christmas tree forest he set up.) There were only 10 of us this year, but we managed to have just as much fun as we always do. I even bought a festive light-up jacket for the occasion!






Lunch was its usual three hours. Towards the end, Dana, Lizzie, Brian, and I were sent ahead to the Carousel Bar to see if we could score some seats. We timed it perfectly and took over a seating area after two ladies in town from Mississippi were ready to move on to their next stop. Nola was so happy she had somewhere to sit when she, Nopsi, and Kevin finally joined us. And Sherry, Sarah, Annette, Nick, Jeff and his coworkers, and a group of guys in festive suits also made appearances. It was the place to be!








After another three hours at Carousel, we walked across the street to have dinner at Mr. B's. None of us was supremely hungry, but we did recognize that we needed something to soak up everything we had had since lunch. This day is most definitely a marathon, not a sprint. But I'm always so glad to be a part of it.


The next morning, the boys and I drove out to Karen's house for our annual kids' gingerbread house party. I was dragging a little, but I made it through and we had a really nice morning all being together. I love seeing what all of them come up with for their houses; they're getting really creative!









'Tis the season for all the Christmas things!

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

That last photo is my favorite. Although, I have to admit, the one of you, Lizzie and the crazy suit guys is a pretty spectacular pic. Only New Orleans!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...