Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Christmas Eve and Day 2019

Our Christmas Eve started out very lowkey. I wasn't feeling the greatest, so I took it pretty easy most of the day. But I got myself together and Kenny dealt with the boys so we could all go to church at Munholland at 4. Grandma and Grandpa met us there. It was the family service, but it still ended with candlelight and "Silent Night," which I love.




After church, we headed downtown to our usual dinner at GW Fins. Nola, Nopsi, AD#1, Aunt Dawn, Blaire, and Cathryn were already there. I sequestered myself at the end of the table and powered through. A festive gin cocktail and wine helped, as did the good food.












Normally after dinner, the four of us make an appearance at Grandma's cousins' house party, but I just did not feel up to it this year. So we drove by the light displays we usually see on Christmas Eve and Kenny dropped me at home before going on to the party with the boys.




I was in my pjs and laying on the couch in front of A Christmas Story when they got home. We all went outside so the boys could feed the reindeer then came back in so we could open our Christmas Eve gifts. We got them into bed just after 11 and Kenny and I were up for about another hour. It was almost Christmas!






The boys were up and in our room at 6:30 the next morning. I felt like I had just gone to bed, so Kenny very sweetly told me he would hold them off for a bit longer so I could get some more rest. I got up an hour later and our Christmas officially began. The boys finally got their Nintendo Switch, which they were so happy about.










We went to Nola and Nopsi's around 10 and had breakfast and gifts with everyone there. Then it was on to Grandma's for Christmas lunch and more presents (Riley finally got Exis!). We got back home around 7 after a long but fun day.








Happy almost New Year, everyone!

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

What great pictures, PC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...