Friday, February 26, 2016

Sand Pile Play

Kenny was out of town last weekend on a guys’ trip to the farm, so it was just the boys and me from Friday to Sunday. The weather was warm on Saturday, so I decided we would spend the morning outside. And, awesome mom that I am (ha!), I dressed them in old clothes and shoes and took them to play in the big pile of sand at the construction site behind our house.

IMG_6487

For two hours, my boys were in absolute heaven. They climbed to the top, they slid down, they filled their dump trucks, Riley buried some sticks, Rory gave the sand bear hugs, and they both got really close to the big red excavator.

IMG_6490

IMG_6491 IMG_6493

IMG_6494

IMG_6488 IMG_6496

IMG_6503

They had a blast and I had so much fun watching them. Even if they did get completely covered in sand. And even if the sand (river sand, not beach sand) did smell a bit.

IMG_6499

IMG_6515

IMG_6512 IMG_6513

IMG_6504

IMG_6511

However, when Riley threw sand at Rory, after I had repeatedly told him not to do so, we left. They wanted to play in the hose when we got back home, but I warned them it would be cold. They didn’t care, though: they stripped down and had a ball, although I did make them stay in the sun as much as possible. The water was really cold!

IMG_6521

I gave them lunch out on the driveway and then it was time to go in for nap. I ended up having to give them a bath before they could get into their beds, though; the sand had just gotten everywhere.

But they both slept great. And they have asked to play in the sand every day since then.

I know what we may be doing again tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend, y’all!

2 comments:

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

You are the ultimate boy momma! Such lucky boys!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...