Friday, May 23, 2014

Summery Sprout, {Practically} Bald Bean, and the Start of Wacky Wednesdays

Since the weather appears to be permanently stuck in heat mode for at least the next four months (yuck), Rory has been able to wear lots of the cute outfits he received for his birthday.

IMAG2239 IMAG2240

Lots of vehicle-related shirts and plaid shorts…..

IMG_5665 IMG_5669

IMG_5671

…..with an animal or two thrown in for good measure.

IMG_5811 IMG_5813

And of course stripes, too. Y’all know how much I love my boys in stripes.

IMG_5710

IMG_5716 IMG_5722

IMG_5725

There is also his super cute applique dump truck shirt from Stacey…..

IMG_5783 IMG_5790

IMG_5792

…..and he should be able to get some good use out of his birthday shirt as well. I had also forgotten that I bought Riley a few new pairs of plaid shorts from Gymboree at a big sale last year. So both of my boys will be stylin’ this summer.

IMG_5889 IMG_5884

However, there is one thing I’ll have to get used to with the wonk potatoes: his new summer haircut. He really needed a haircut, and Nopsi agreed to do it on Tuesday afternoon. And now it’s short. Super short.

IMG_5901

IMG_5908 IMG_5914

IMG_5923

He looks like a little boy. There’s no trace of baby left him at all. I miss his chunky legs and his chubby cheeks. Didn’t he just have those yesterday??? *sniff* (However, I promise I won’t let Kenny cut Rory’s hair this short. He is in desperate need of a haircut as well but I’m not quite ready to take this much off.)

IMG_5915

Riley took his new short hair for a spin when we officially welcomed in summer by visiting the Cool Zoo splash park in the Audubon Zoo. We met Karen, Molly, and Nathan there on Wednesday and had such fun. Riley took a little while to warm up (he doesn’t like when the huge white alligator dumps water all over), but soon he was soaked and smiling. Rory also took a little while to get used to the idea, but before long we were doing laps around the park, me holding one hand and Molly holding the other. The little one had a huge grin on his face almost the entire time.

IMG_5929

IMG_5926 IMG_5930

It was that day at the splash park that I decided to resurrect Wacky Wednesdays. Nola used to take Jeff and I on a fun outing every Wednesday during the summer when we were little, and I remember those times fondly. So, I am going to do my best to continue that tradition.

I think we’re off to a pretty good start, right? Now let’s see if I can keep it up for 12 more weeks…..

2 comments:

Kenny said... Best Blogger Tips

Wacky Wednesdays sounds like a lot of fun!!

Aunt E said... Best Blogger Tips

That last picture of Rory is the best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...