Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother’s Day Weekend

Last weekend was a very nice one. We spent lots of time together as a family, did some fun things, and ate some good food. So, a pretty typical way to celebrate a holiday in New Orleans.

We had a very leisurely morning on Saturday, until we decided on a whim to head downtown. Zatarain’s was putting on the World’s Largest Crawfish Boil in Champions Square near the Superdome, and I thought we should go check it out.

IMG_5749 IMG_5753

We invited Grandma to come with us and headed on down, not knowing what we were getting ourselves into. I fully expected it to be way too crowded for us to even attempt actually going in, but the throngs of people I thought we’d see weren’t all that bad.

IMG_5758

IMG_5757

IMG_5759

We got there just before 1pm, and while there were lots of people there, it wasn’t jam-packed. We plopped the boys in the wagon, purchased food and drink tickets, found a space to settle, and dug into lunch. Rory totally pigged out.

IMAG2279 IMAG2285

The crawfish didn’t hold a candle to Kenny’s, but we enjoyed spending time outside, listening to music and being a part of the record-setting boil. 27,000 pounds of crawfish were consumed in less than two hours, and more than $40,000 was raised for the 2nd Harvest Food Bank. Not too shabby.

IMG_5761

We stopped by Sal’s to get snoballs on the way home, and Rory drank almost all of the juice out of mine. His first time using a straw correctly!

IMAG2288

We had a quiet night at home, and then Kenny let me sleep in the next morning. I woke up to a very excited wonk potatoes, jumping around wanting to give me the present he made for me at school on Friday. I love his two little handprints, and I treasure the fact that I have this. Thank you so much, my Riley-bean!

DSC_1571 DSC_1574

DSC_1586

DSC_1598 DSC_1606

DSC_1617

The rest of the day was very laidback with not much going on. Just the way I like it. I did send Kenny and Riley on an errand to Sam’s while the little one was napping, and they brought back a very pretty bouquet of flowers for me. Sweet boys.

IMG_5774

IMG_5775

The two of them also had very similar shorts on all day, which Riley thought was pretty cool. Although he apparently liked the green in Daddy’s shorts better than his. Go figure.

IMG_5780 IMG_5781

Later that evening, I put Rory to bed while Riley and Kenny worked to clean up the absolute mess that was our house. The little one completely zonked out on me, which I love. Then Riley gave me one of the biggest hugs before he went up to bed, which I also love.

DSC_1622

DSC_1626 DSC_1629

DSC_1632

Kenny and I had a really nice dinner that night (this salmon, along with roasted potatoes and asparagus), as well as a fun and yummy dessert. He agreed to my request to finally watch the premiere of 24: Live Another Day, which did not disappoint. Oh how I’ve missed Jack Bauer.

Thank you, my three boys, for making Mother’s Day such a special one for me. I love all of you more than you know.

3 comments:

Jenna said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like a great weekend!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Such a good mama deserves such a good Mother's Day weekend!

Kenny said... Best Blogger Tips

We love you Mama!!! Glad you had a good weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...