Friday, December 7, 2012

26 Weeks {Sprout}

Today I am 26 weeks pregnant with Sprout. I cannot believe I’m almost into my third trimester! March is going to be here before Kenny or I know it, and there’s still so much left to do. I dread combining the guest room and the office, getting out and sorting through all of Riley’s old clothes, and setting up Riley in his “new” big boy bed, but I know once we get started it won’t be so bad. And, I bought new bedding from Pottery Barn Kids for Riley earlier this week, so I actually can’t wait to put together his new room. It’s going to be so cute.

My latest appointment with Dr. S was on Tuesday, and everything is looking good. My blood pressure is great (122/70), and Sprout’s heartrate is in the 150s right now, just a little higher than Riley’s was around this time. I got a shot for the Tdap vaccine, and I also did my glucose test at this visit. The drink tasted just like it did last time: Koolaid on steroids. Although, it did also remind me of Sunkist soda since it was orange flavored. I got the test results back yesterday, and everything is normal. I passed again!

I also had another ultrasound to check on the outflow valves of Sprout’s heart that weren’t visible last time. Janelle was my tech again, and she re-confirmed that Sprout is still a boy. She saw everything she needed to see and told me he’s looking really great in there. She didn’t stay in one place on my belly for very long, but I could tell he was moving around a lot more this time, and we got to see his little mouth moving in slight sucking motions for a bit. Cute.

IMG_6808

As far as my symptoms go, the good news is that my headaches seemed to have subsided. The bad news is that heartburn has really set in. I’m having to take Zantac a decent bit, but it does provide relief fairly quickly. My belly has also started to itch, and I’m noticing an increase in swelling, especially in my feet and especially at the end of the day. Nothing too bad, though!

However, my funniest symptom has to do with dreaming. A couple of times in the past few weeks, I have actually yelled out during a dream and sat up in bed, scaring Kenny half to death both times. One time I was yelling for Riley not to pee on the pillows; the other time I was trying to prevent a bicycle from falling on top of Riley from a great height. So weird (and incredibly funny in hindsight), and I apologize to Ken for having to deal with this. But I am glad he has remembered the details so I could properly document them.

Here’s my latest belly pic. I actually took it closer to 25 weeks, but I haven’t changed all that much in one week. However, I’ve been told by many people lately that I seemed to have “popped” overnight, and the movement I’ve been feeling lately certainly backs this up. Sprout is more and more active with each passing day.

IMG_6776

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Kenny and I are actually doing something special to belatedly celebrate our anniversary tonight, and we also have a fun holiday party to go to tomorrow night, so look for those recaps next week.

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Pick a weekend after the holidays and your mom and I will pitch in to get everything done, PC.
Sprout is looking good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...