Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Day 2012

When Riley woke up on Christmas morning, Kenny and I both went up to get him and wish him a Merry Christmas. However, before I would let him come down, I made him sit at the top of the stairs for a picture. I’m so glad we have stairs so I can continue that tradition from my childhood.

IMG_7015

IMG_7016

As soon as Riley got to the landing and rounded the corner, he spotted what Santa had left for him in front of the Christmas tree: a workbench and a cool blue car.

IMG_7019

cmas1

IMG_7023

Then we moved onto stockings, one for each of us. Riley’s was filled with a Buzz Lightyear, a Life Is Good tshirt, and a whole lotta dinosaurs. I got Kenny a new pair of slippers, work socks, boxers, candy, and caramel butter cookies. He got me candy, Kona coffee, chocolate lava cake mix, a cute penguin mug, a DVD of Prep and Landing, yoga pants, and a pair of really pretty earrings. We also gave Riley a model Jeep that Ken will have fun helping him put together, as well as an Aquadoodle mat, which is tres cool.

cmas2

cmas3

Next it was time to go over to Nola and Nopsi’s for my family’s gathering. We had our customary scrambled eggs with bacon for breakfast (Nola even gave up her Fins biscuit mix and made a batch of those to share with everyone) before moving into the living room to open presents. That’s when the chaos ensued!

DSC_0244

cmas4

DSC_0234

DSC_0226

IMG_7078

DSC_0275

cmas5

DSC_0267

DSC_0253

Next on our agenda was to meet up with Kenny’s family for a few hours to visit and exchange gifts. Riley got a little cranky while we were there (it was right in the middle of his naptime) but he pushed past it (especially once Grandma took him outside to find some rocks) and eventually enjoyed opening presents and playing with Zac. And everyone liked the special 63-page Disney photobooks I made for them. Thank goodness; that was quite a project!

IMG_7080

cmas7

IMG_7254

cmas8

IMG_7089

Then it was back to Nola and Nopsi’s for dinner with my family and one final round of presents with Uncle Jeff, Aunt E, and Kate, who spent the earlier part of the day with Kel-Kel and Skeets. Jeff and I ordered half a case of that elusive bottle of wine for Nola, who was shocked we had found it (albeit in Belgium); I found a really cute snoball onesie for Kate from Etsy; and Jeff got me good with another Noel-themed gift.

DSC_0302 DSC_0303

DSC_0325

photo

IMG_2255

cmas6

DSC_0341

It was a very long day but a very fun day. I love that Riley is starting to get into the whole Christmas-Santa-present thing, and I know that will only get better with each passing year. And Kenny and I will get to experience another First Christmas next year, this time with Sprout, which will be so special.

DSC_0323

But for now, Christmas 2012: done. We hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season!

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

what a wonderful day. My whole family togather makes me so very happy. hugs Grams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...