Wednesday, June 2, 2010

28 Weeks

From BabyCenter.com:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

fetaldev_28

My latest doctor’s appointment was today, and everything went great. My blood pressure was 118/72, the baby’s heartrate was around 140, and I got word that I passed my glucose test with flying colors. No need to go through the three-hour secondary test! And now I start to go for check-ups every two weeks….August will be here before I know it!

I’m still feeling good. I’ve been getting heartburn on and off for a few weeks, but luckily Zantac works well. Sleep is a little harder to come by, what with a middle-of-the-night trip to the bathroom, not being able to find a comfortable position for very long, and the baby deciding to kick just when I’m about to drift off (this kid has been TONS more active lately….lots of kicking a few different times throughout most days). Oh, well; only three more months to go! I can’t believe the third trimester is already here. Here’s my 28 week belly pic. :)

IMG_2831

My baby shower is this Saturday in New Orleans…..I can’t wait! Many, many early thanks to Lizzie and Jackie for throwing it; you girls are awesome. I know we’re going to have so much fun!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...