Wednesday, June 30, 2010

32 Weeks

From BabyCenter.com:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb.

fetaldev_32

My last doctor’s appointment went very well: blood pressure was 112/70, Bean’s heartrate was 140, and my weight gain was only 2 pounds. And my doctor was very impressed that I have nothing on the “problem list” area of my chart!

Kenny and I also took two prenatal classes at the hospital recently. We probably didn’t learn anything I couldn’t have read in one of the books I have, but I’m still glad we went. One class did include a tour of the labor and delivery suites, but of course we had already seen one of those because of my sudden trip to the hospital back in early May! 

Bean is still moving like he/she should, but I can tell the kicks are getting stronger as the space available continues to decrease. I didn’t feel quite as much movement last week, but luckily things picked back up with gusto this week. Meanwhile, I’ve still been having many of the same symptoms (heartburn, trouble sleeping, a little swelling), but I am also aware that I’m more tired these days. It’s not quite as bad as it was in the first trimester, but I definitely don’t have as much energy as I did in the second. I’m still continuing to walk at least a couple of mornings a week with Ken, though. Everyone keeps telling me to rest, rest, rest since I won’t get much of a chance to do so in 8 weeks! Here’s my 32 week belly pic. :)

IMG_3005

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...