Friday, July 2, 2010

Eclipse

The-Twilight-Saga-Eclipse-Official-Poster

Once again, Twilight fever has gripped the nation. The third installment of the now epic saga, Eclipse, was released on Wednesday. I decided I wasn’t going to drag Kenny with me to see the latest movie in the theater (especially since he still hasn’t seen the second), so I went by myself. On opening day.

I really didn’t think I’d have trouble getting a ticket to a show in the middle of the afternoon. I know it’s summer and all, and everyone who’s really interested in seeing this movie is out of school, but I expected the die-hards to have already seen the midnight screenings the night before. However, my first showing of choice was sold out. As was the next showing, as well as two of the evening times. Pretty impressive.

What I ended up doing was driving to another theater and trying my luck for the next showing there. Success! I had luckily brought my book with me, so, after purchasing my ticket, I headed over to the nearby Starbucks to read and have a small caffeine fix while I waited for movie time.

I think Eclipse turned out to be the best of the three movies. I can’t remember if I liked the third book the best, but they certainly did a great job with the film. The chemistry among all of the actors is still there, the storylines are true, and the pace of the movie was spot on. We were even treated to further character development in a couple of scenes: I really enjoyed the attention given to Rosalie’s and Jasper’s backstories.

And even though there were plenty of teenage girls in the audience with me, they were more controlled than they were when I went to see New Moon back in November. The only complaint I had stemmed from the woman sitting a few seats over in the row behind me. She had decided to bring her 2-year-old with her, and said child did not exhibit proper movie theater etiquette (read: she did not remain quiet). I mean really, woman, could you not have taken her to see Toy Story 3 instead?

Oh well, such is life. After seeing Eclipse, I can say that I’m very interested to see how the filmmakers deal with the last (and strangest) book. Like the last Harry Potter novel, Breaking Dawn will be split into two separate movies, and we’ll all have to wait until November 2011 to see Part One. At least we’ll have two films with the final adventures of Harry, Ron, and Hermione to watch in the meantime!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...