Saturday, July 31, 2010

Busy Week

My mom and I drove back to my house from Houston on Tuesday and almost immediately got to work. She had offered to come and help me get a few things cleaned out and organized before Bean gets here. And while she doesn’t think we got enough done, I think we did a lot.

We got all of my Christmas decorations out of the guest room closet (Kenny is moving them into the attic as I type this), my candles and blankets/games closet organized better, the laundry room cabinets straightened out, all of my gift wrap stuff is now organized, and we even got to the closet in the office a bit. She wanted to do more back there, but there are just too many things Kenny and I still need to go through before that room can really be addressed.

Mom even got to come with me to my doctor’s appointment on Wednesday, but more about that in another post. And we also had out-of-town visitors on Thursday: QP, UJ, Jenn, Elisabeth, and Margaret drove over to have lunch and spend the afternoon here. It was so great to see all of them, and we had a wonderful (although short) visit.

IMG_3070

Mom left on Friday and I headed to meet up with 8 of my old co-workers. Gabrielle organized a fabulous lunch for us at Zea, and I really enjoyed seeing everyone again. They all wanted to know when they would get to meet the baby, so I promised to bring Bean by the Center as soon as I could in a few months.

IMG_3071

After a busy week I am completely ready to relax and not do much of anything. Kenny and I have nothing big planned from now until Bean decides to make an appearance, which is just fine with us.

Thanks so much, Mom, for driving over and spending most of the week with me. I really appreciate everything you did!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...