Thursday, July 22, 2010

35 Weeks

From BabyCenter.com:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

fetaldev35

I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday, and although I may sound like a broken record by now, it’s still very much a good thing that I’m progressing as I should be! My blood pressure was 118/70, Bean’s heartrate was 143, and I actually didn’t gain any weight since my last appointment. But my belly is measuring right on track!

Also, according to my doctor, Bean’s head appears to be down (not breech), but I am not dilated at all yet. However, she did say that if I were to go into labor now, they wouldn’t stop it. So, she sent me home to pack my bag for the hospital just in case of an early arrival. Although I am getting anxious, I’d prefer Bean stay in there a little bit longer. I’m just hoping he doesn’t follow in my footsteps and decide to be 12 days late!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...