Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Home for the Fourth

Once again, Kenny and I decided not to travel anywhere for 4th of July weekend this year, mostly because long car rides continue to be uncomfortable for me. I’m getting a little worried about our trip to Houston at the end of this month, but my doctor has already okayed it and there’s no way I’m missing out: I have to see Wicked on the stage again!

So instead of driving to New Orleans for my parents’ annual 4th bash (which I’m sure we’ll do next year with Bean!), we hung at home for the three-day holiday. We tried out a couple of new recipes (stay tuned for a “Noteworthy Recipes” post soon), watched a couple of DVDs (Avatar and The Lovely Bones), and also ventured out to see a movie (The A-Team). Lots of fun!

The only bad thing about the long weekend was that my parents stopped by on their way back to Houston yesterday to pick up the cats. It was great to see Mom and Dad, but I didn’t want to say goodbye to my kitties. Three weeks went by way too fast again! I loved having them here, and I will of course miss them terribly. And although it was nice to thoroughly clear out all of the cat hair and kitty litter from the house after they left (read: MAJOR cleaning took place!), I’d still rather them here. Oh well; soon I’ll have something else to occupy my time…..only 7 weeks left!

IMG_2974IMG_3000IMG_3019IMG_3009IMG_3028IMG_3021

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...