Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thirteen Weeks {Sprout}

My latest appointment with Dr. S was scheduled for the day before Riley’s party. The office had not yet reopened, so I was free to continue party prep, which I appreciated. And, even better, when I called the next Tuesday to reschedule, they were actually able to fit me in the same day.

My blood pressure was normal (116/70), my weight gain was acceptable (not sure how much; I’ll have to ask when I go back in 4 weeks), and Sprout’s heartrate was in the 160s (same as Riley’s around this time). I got to hear the heartbeat for a very short time: Dr. S put the handheld Doppler right on it at first but she lost it soon after. I guess Sprout is turning flips in there, although I can’t feel anything yet.

I am currently 13 and a half weeks along. I’m still feeling tired but not quite as much as early on. Still no nausea, but the dreaded headaches have returned. I got them with Riley around this time, but I can’t remember how long they lasted. If I get one, it unfortunately usually persists throughout the day. I’ve been trying not to take any meds, but now that I’m past the first 12 weeks, it’s safer to do so if necessary. I have resorted to Tylenol twice so far, which helps a bit but not completely. After mentioning the headaches to Dr. S she said that she can prescribe something stronger if I need her to, but I’m hoping it doesn’t get to that point.

The only other minor symptoms are continued soreness in my chest area, some cramping, and an increase in bathroom visits. I almost always have to get up in the middle of the night and have done so for a few weeks now. I just wish I could fall back asleep quickly, but I inevitably end up tossing and turning for a little while. I shudder to think how much sleep I’ll lose once I’m bigger!

Speaking of size, I think I’m starting to show a bit. Already. I’ve also dipped into my maternity clothes. Already. This was disconcerting until I read that this is typical of second pregnancies, since muscles are already stretched out and looser than before. Whew. And, interestingly, I think the upper part of my belly is starting to stick out more, which is nowhere near where Sprout and my uterus are right now. Strange.

So, things are going pretty well. I’m excited that football is back, as well as pumpkin-related treats and fall decorations. We got a bit of a cool front through here a few days ago, and the mornings have been such a wonderful tease. I’m hoping we don’t see the 90s again until next year. I pulled out my fall bins yesterday, got a new wreath for the front door, and am ready to welcome in the new season.

As well as a growing belly.

5 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Are we going to get to watch your growing belly as we did with Bean?

rileybeanfollower985 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hang in there Courtney! You were glowing at Riley's party..

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I aam still hoping for a girl-- Hugs, Grams

Aunt E said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay! Sprout updates. Love it!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay Sprout! I can't wait to meet you!
:)

Love, Aunt Lizzie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...