Monday, February 8, 2010

12 Weeks

I had my second OB appointment with my doc last week and she said everything looks good! We got to listen to the heartbeat again through a handheld Doppler. So cool. The heartrate was 165 and sounded very strong. Doc said that I had lost a couple of pounds since my last appt, but she didn't seem too worried. While it's getting better, I'm still having trouble finding things to eat that sound good to me. But I am still taking my prenatal vitamin religiously, so the nutrients the baby needs are getting there. My blood pressure was a little higher than last time but still normal, so I'm all good there too. 

The nausea still seems to be dissipating, but I still have a slightly bad day every now and then. I'm still feeling tired a lot of the time, so I'm continuing to take it easy. I'm basically just waiting for that boost of energy I hear can accompany the start of the second trimester! 

A couple of other symptoms: I've started to get headaches very recently, which I've read is common. Nothing too horrible, just more annoying since they don't seem to go away very easily. The other thing is dreams. I usually remember my dreams, and they're usually pretty strange, but the ones I've been having lately are bizarre. Some examples:

     1. Chris Paul (star point guard for the Hornets) was in my parents' kitchen in New Orleans, teaching my dad how to saute onions.
     2. I was attempting to join a secret society but had to write a really long essay surrounded by other would-be members in a huge, dark hall in order to be considered.
     3. I was next in line to be tortured (nice, huh?) but managed to get my torturer to cry on my shoulder about how bad his job was instead of him hurting me.

I'm afraid of what I'll dream about next! 

2 comments:

Paula said... Best Blogger Tips

OK, now, the dreams are really an interesting side effect. Keep 'em coming; they are very entertaining. (You sure I wasn't in the kitchen with CP3??) Sorry about the headaches, sweet. Caffeine can help, if you're allowed.

Suzanne said... Best Blogger Tips

I am behind on my blog reading and just saw the news! CONGRATS! Hope you are feeling okay! It is such an exciting time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...