Thursday, February 25, 2010

Annual Breckenridge Ski Trip: Friends

The second part of our week in Colorado was spent with friends: Jeff, Erin, Trisha, Doug, Jay and Katie. We moved into a townhouse further down the mountain, and I continued my resting and watching the Olympics routine. I’m actually quite well versed in the sport of curling now, as that’s mostly what was on in the middle of the day. Too bad Team USA couldn’t get it done!

IMG_2172

We continued to get great snowfall overnight, which meant awesome powder for the skiers in the mornings. The guys went off to conquer blues while the girls stuck to the easier and more manageable greens. And I got status reports from everyone when they all met back up at the house for lunches and dinners.

IMG_2192IMG_2146IMG_2206IMG_2204IMG_2187

We also (sort of) made a new friend: a fox (or two or three) prowled around outside the complex most of the time we were there. Kenny said he’s used to seeing lots of foxes and other wildlife when he skis Peak 7, but this was my first sighting. I finally captured her (him?) on my camera one afternoon when I was sitting outside with some of the boys while they were soaking their aching muscles in the hot tub after a hard day of skiing (and while Erin played on the jungle gym in the backyard). The fox never got really close, but we could tell she (he?) was really pretty. 

IMG_2184IMG_2175

So the last ski day came around on Friday, and I couldn’t take it anymore. Well, I actually debated for a long time but finally decided to go for it. Erin and Trisha didn’t want to go back out in the afternoon, so I borrowed Erin’s boots and skis and went out with the boys. I was VERY careful and only did 3 very easy green runs. It felt so great to be out there, though, even if it was only for a couple of hours!

IMG_2303IMG_2313IMG_2314

This year we all decided to stay an extra day but not ski. So after our traditional dinner out on Friday night, we had a lazy morning and then walked into town to sightsee and window shop. And of course I had to get just one more crepe! The smell was just too much for the rest of the group, so I wasn’t the only one enjoying the French goodness.

IMG_2332IMG_2335IMG_2337IMG_2339

It was certainly a great trip, but I was ready to be home when the time came to leave. I’m glad we went for a longer amount of time this year, especially since it was probably our last trip out there for awhile because of the bambino. But who knows? We may really need the break next year and decide to drop the kid off in Houston! Mom has already said she’s prepared for that. :)

1 comments:

Paula said... Best Blogger Tips

Crepes sucre? I am so envious but happy for you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...