Friday, September 21, 2012

Ramblings

My house is now fall-ified, and I love it. Pumpkins, candles, leaves, wreaths, garlands, and cinnamon potpourri. Fall runs a close second to the Christmas season in my book, but it’s edging ever closer to that top spot. I think if I lived in a place where it truly felt like fall I might appreciate it even more. For now though, I’m content to wait {somewhat} patiently for cooler temperatures and enjoy the fact that my house is ready, even if Louisiana isn’t.

Riley had another 103 degree fever on Tuesday. He woke up from his nap feeling really hot to the touch, although he was still acting like himself. He ate a normal dinner, but he shivered pretty badly when Kenny got him out of the bathtub that night. We dressed him in warm PJs and socks, took his temp, and gave him some medicine. I spent a long time with him before putting him in his bed, reading and singing to him and comforting and rocking him. Kenny and I went in to check on him around 11pm, and he was still really warm. We gave him another dose of medicine, and I rocked with him a bit more. You’d have thought he was just going to bed with the chattering he kept up until I put him back in his bed. Luckily, the fever broke sometime overnight, and he’s been fine ever since.

It’s been a long time since I updated everyone on what I’ve been reading lately. I have gotten through Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah, Whistlin’ Dixie in a Nor’easter by Lisa Patton,Tumbleweeds by Leila Meacham, Eighteen Acres by Nicole Wallace, Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks, and a few others. I am now reading A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay.

Riley has started his second Music Together class, with Kathleen as his teacher again. He has already started requesting two songs we sang in the very first class: You Are My Sunshine and This Little Light of Mine.

I am officially in my second trimester, although I’m not sure I’ve noticed an increase in energy. I distinctly remember a burst of energy accompanying the start of my second trimester in my first pregnancy. However, I also remember not being able to move much at all when I was pregnant early on with Riley, so I guess this go-round is a vast improvement. I really shouldn’t complain.

Funny Riley-speak: When I want to get Riley’s attention, I’ll usually say, “Pssst!” He then almost always says it back to me: “Spee!”

I have been cooking lots of new things lately, trying to figure out what I want to stock my freezer with for when Sprout comes in March. I did the same thing before I had Riley, and it was blissful being able to pull a home-cooked meal out of the freezer and warm it up for dinner. So far I’ve made salsa chicken, crockpot jambalaya, taco stuffed shells, crawfish pasta, pumpkin chili, stovetop BBQ chicken mac and cheese, skillet lasagna, pesto chicken stuffed shells, and smoky white bean and chicken chili, all with tasty results. I also made a pumpkin coffee cake last weekend for a sweet treat. Oh, and I’ve been assembling an interesting sandwich for lunch lately: toasted 9-grain bread, Creole mustard, thinly sliced gala apples, and slices of edam cheese. Sounds strange, but it’s actually really good.

Nola, Aunt E, and Kate came over to help me fall-ify my house last Friday, and Kate had a little diaper explosion while they were here. I dug in a box of Riley’s old clothes for something for her to borrow, and look what I put my hands on first. Certainly brought back a lot of memories from Riley-bean was that little. Too cute.

IMG_6147

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Your home always looks so comfortable and pretty. So glad Riley is ok. Hugs, Graams

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad Riley Bean is feeling better, cute little boogie! Oh...and Safe Haven just wrapped filming here! Josh Duhamel starring...hot, hot man. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...