Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Yet Another Haircut

When Riley came running into the den on Sunday morning looking like this…..

IMG_6169

…..I knew it was time to give him another haircut. He did look awfully cute in all of my headbands, though. He and his daddy had apparently been having fun in our room while I was obliviously drinking my coffee up front. Silly boys.

IMG_6171

Ken got the supplies out, and we set everything up outside on the back porch, with Riley in his booster seat on one of the tall kitchen chairs. This was the first time Ken actually used the clippers, and Riley did great. He had always been freaked out by them before, but I guess he was more intrigued than scared this time around. However, the clippers did yield quite a short haircut, although Ken did a great job overall. But, we know it will grow back!

IMG_6175

All of the cut-off hair made Riley really itchy, so I stripped him down to his diaper and hosed him off. We ended up having a really fun morning playing outside, running through the sprinkler, and washing my car before the Saints game at noon.

IMG_1459 IMG_1461

IMG_1462

Unfortunately, the Saints remain winless this season. Ugh. Riley did his best to cheer them on like he did for LSU the day before but to no avail. He eventually turned to his four wheeler for entertainment instead, and I can’t really blame him. I didn’t fall asleep like I did during last weekend’s game, but it did get to a point where I just didn’t want to watch anymore. But I did. To the bitter and disappointing end.

IMG_6177 IMG_6179

I guess this just isn’t going to be our year, even though the Superbowl is in New Orleans in February, and how cool would that be??? Just please, please boys; don’t make us go back to putting bags on our heads again. That’s all we ask of you.

2 comments:

rileybeanfollower985 said... Best Blogger Tips

OOOHHHH!! I laughed so hard at that beautiful boy in the headbands...! Thanks for the morning giggles...

and...remember...the Saints lost three games the year they won the superbowl.....WHO DAT!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

The picture of Riley wth all the headbands is really histerical. AND his haircut istoooo short but I know it will grow like he is too fast. Cute anyway, Hugs Grams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...