Monday, August 20, 2012

Video Monday: High Flyin’ Bean

Last Friday Riley and I met Nola, Nopsi, Aunt E, Kel-Kel, Kate, Aunt Dede, and Uncle Dean for lunch at Zea. We won’t talk about how I drove to the wrong location at first (even after confirming the correct one before I left), walked in, didn’t see anyone I knew, attempted to reach someone on their cell, finally got a hold of Nola, walked out, put Riley back in the car, and finally arrived at the right restaurant where I met up with my understanding family. I was hot and sweaty, tired, and in need of a glass of wine (which I reluctantly did not order).

Pregnancy brain is a killer sometimes.

Add to that the fact that the chicken in my salad had to be sent back twice because it was still raw in the middle (I may have teared up a little) and that I also almost choked on a crispy noodle (after I coughed it up, quite forcefully I might add, Nola and I ended up having a good laugh over it), my day was turning out to be just perfect. The only silver lining thus far was that the corn grits were as tasty as ever and the manager comped my lunch. Swell.

Riley got a little restless towards the end of the meal, so Nopsi took him for a walk in the mall attached to the restaurant. They were gone for quite a while, and when they came back, Nopsi had a gleam in his eye and a very excited little boy in his arms.

There is something called FunZersize Bungee Jump set up in the mall, and that’s what Nopsi wanted Riley to do. After the brief but typical, protesting mom reaction required of me, all 8 of us hightailed it out of Zea and sped down to the jump area to watch my boy fly high in the air.

IMG_1409 IMG_1410

IMG_1507

Riley absolutely loved it. He obviously couldn’t propel himself that high on his own, but Nopsi had no problem stepping in to help out his grandson. Aunt E snapped a couple of pictures, Aunt Dede was crying out with delight, Nola’s heart was apparently in her toes, I took a video, and Kate naturally slept through the whole thing.

When his turn was over, Riley was practically inconsolable. He did not want to leave. He talked about wanting to bounce again all the way home, and it was the very first thing he said to me when I went in to get him after his nap. Luckily, he seems to have forgotten about the fun for now, but I may surprise him on his birthday next week and take him to do it again.

IMG_1413

Thanks, Nopsi, for the unexpected yet entertaining post-lunch activity for my boy. But what have you started???

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, my. Nola warned me about this. It looks AWESOME.

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

What a GREAT video!! Get busy, Nopsi ... I expect to see this in person come December!

rileybeanfollower985 said... Best Blogger Tips

It was a BLAST to watch...almost made us want to join him! No fear in that boy at all!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

What a fun time. Riley has no fear at all. But I did- Hang on !!!!! Hugs, Grams

Trisha said... Best Blogger Tips

All the WOAS and OOOHS from Riley and the audience cracked me up!!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVED THIS!!!!!!!
I can just imagine how upset he was when it ended! I would feel that way too! :)

LOVE, Lizzie

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

And I want to be there on August 30th to watch round 2. It was much scarier in person than it was on the video, I'm just sayin'!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...