Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Bean Meets Doodlebug

I took Riley up to the hospital last Wednesday morning so he could see Aunt E and Uncle Jeff and meet Kate. When he woke up that morning, I went upstairs to get him and told him what we would do that day.

“Hey buddy, guess what? You have a new cousin! Aunt E had Doodlebug yesterday. Her new name is Kate. Do you want to go meet her?”

“Yeah.”

I guess that’s about as much excitement as he could muster. Not entirely surprising.

Kate Kellye day 2 093

We arrived at the hospital before anyone else did, which meant I got to hold Kate for a few minutes without the pressure of someone waiting for a turn. She’s so pink and tiny and really cute too. Riley peered into her bassinet for a bit before I picked her up and then occupied himself with climbing all over the furniture (including getting into bed with Aunt E) while I held her. He wasn’t too concerned with his new cousin at first since there were so many other interesting things to do.

IMG_5912 IMG_5916

IMG_5918

IMG_5928

Riley did bring Kate a special gift, a little stuffed Daisy Duck. He actually wanted to keep Daisy for himself but I finally convinced him to give it up confiscated it from him and gave it to Aunt E. Oh well, it’s the thought that counts, right?

IMG_5930

Kate Kellye day 2 030

Kate Kellye day 2 063

Nopsi also brought a very special gift for Kate: he surprised Jeff by cleaning up and restoring an old metal dump truck of his from when he was a baby. I’m not sure how much Kate will actually play with it, but perhaps she can use it to store some of her shoes. And we decided to recreate a picture of Jeff as a baby laying in the bed of the truck…..

download

…..only with Kate instead. Super cute.

164 Precious cargo

Kate Kellye day 2 092 165 Dad's love

Kate Kellye day 2 088

I got one more turn to hold Kate before taking the wild man home for lunch. We tried our best to get a good picture of the two new cousins together, but Riley was less than cooperative. I’m sure there will be many, many, many more attempts in the near future, though.

IMG_5922 

147 We're gonna be best friends 146 That's my cousin, Kate! 148 I still love you, my boy

149 A proud Aunt C

And finally, just before we left, Riley gave Kate a couple of very sweet kisses. Right after he told Nopsi to “put her back in the box.” He’s going to have to get used to not being the star of the show anymore!

Kate Kellye day 2 084

IMG_5931 IMG_5932

Kate Kellye day 2 101

Kate Kellye day 2 104

After two nights in the hospital, the new family of three was finally able to go home last Thursday afternoon. Erin and Jeff were able to show Kate her new house, with her new room and everything in it, including a huge stuffed teddy bear. They also introduced Kate to the other members of her family, Doug the dog and Fate the cat.

IMG_1329

IMG_1377

IMG_1390

IMG_1440

The threesome have had no shortage of visitors since they’ve been home, including me stopping by last Sunday morning. I had Kenny and Riley drop me off before they went on a Sam’s run so I could spend some time with my niece. While I was there visiting, Erin and Jeff surprised me by asking if I would be Kate’s godmother. I truly was taken aback, and I of course said that I would love to take on that role.

You honored me greatly by choosing me for Kate, Erin and Jeff. Thank you so much. Love y’all!

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

What a beautiful baby! And she has the best godmother! Congratulations all around.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I cannot believe how much Kate looks like Jeff in the truck... So precious. Hugs, Grams

M'ville said... Best Blogger Tips

Kate is truly precious. Will be neat to have a baby girl around.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...