Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Popsicle on the Porch

I have had a box of popsicles in the freezer for over a month now, and I just got around to giving Riley his first one last Friday afternoon. Huge summer fail on my part, but whaddya gonna do?

IMG_5990

He took the worst nap he’s taken in months (therefore preventing me from napping as well…..drat), so I reluctantly got him out of his bed and took him out on the front porch for a little afternoon snack.

IMG_5994 IMG_5995

He at first called it a “tricycle” and kept grabbing the popsicle part instead of holding it by the stick. Luckily, I had anticipated this and brought a box of wipes outside with us.

IMG_5999

I think he likes it!

IMG_5997

IMG_6000 IMG_6001

Ah, popsicles: another one of childhood’s joys. I was maybe a little late in having him experience this particular one, but he didn’t seem to mind too much.

IMG_6002

You sure are cute, Riley-bean, especially with a sticky popsicle dot on your nose. Silly goose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Humm so good and sticky but fun Hugs, Grams

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Fun and sticky can go a long way in life, Grams. I agree.

Kelli said... Best Blogger Tips

Put a small slit in a cupcake holder/paper and slip the popsicle through it...that way, all the juice and drips fall in there! It makes things a little less messy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...