Friday, November 7, 2014

School Days: PK4 Fair Dance Practice {Riley}

Riley’s school fair starts today. We had a great time out there last year, and I think we are planning to be out there more this year because it was just so much fun.

Like last year, all of the students in PK3 through 3rd grade perform their fair dances onstage on Saturday. I volunteered to help teach the PK4 dance during their PE classes on Fridays for the past few weeks. They are dancing to “Cha Cha Slide.”

IMG_7839

IMG_7838

IMG_7840

We didn’t have to choreograph anything since the kids are just following along with what the song tells them to do. The other moms and I just stand in front of them and do all of the steps so they can mimic us. This usually means they’re a bit behind the song, but whatever. They’re only 4 and they’ll look cute no matter what. Even Riley, who spends almost the entire song being crazy and goofing off.

IMG_7842

IMG_7844

IMG_7843

Since Halloween fell on a Friday this year, I got to see the kids all decked out in their costumes during their dance practice. As expected, there were lots of princesses, super heroes, and storybook characters. I didn’t let Riley wear his Scooby Doo costume since I didn’t want him to mess it up, but he happily told everyone he was dressed as a jack-o-lantern.

IMG_7899

IMG_7906

IMG_7907

After we ran through the dance twice, I asked Ms. Milene if I could get a big group picture of all them. Love this memory.

IMG_7913

IMG_7919

IMG_7918

There was a little time left after the photo shoot, so Mrs. Jean and Ms. Milene got out a bucket of balls for the kids to play with. Riley of course chose a green ball, and then he and Claire ran around the gym together holding hands. Those two.

IMG_7921 IMG_7923

Today is their last practice, and we’ll actually be lining them up on the big stage. I’ll come back later today and add any pics I take. (Update: Here they are! It’s going to be a beautiful weekend.)

IMG_7969

IMG_7975

IMG_7971

IMG_7973

IMG_7972

IMG_7981

Checking out their booth: the Plinko game! And of course Riley’s picture is the only one not looking at the camera.

IMG_7984 IMG_7983

I love that I could spend some extra time with my boy at his school for a few days.

IMG_7927

Just cross your fingers the wonk potatoes doesn’t go too crazy during his performance tomorrow and fall off the stage.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...