Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Video Wednesday: Riley’s PK4 Fair Dance

Today is my 35th birthday. I am very much looking forward to a morning massage, lunch with Nola at Boucherie, and dinner with Kenny at Cava. Happy Birthday to me indeed.

We had a super fun, exhausting, festive, and exciting time out at the SCR Oyster Festival this past weekend. I think we spent around 12 hours at the fair over the course of three days. Whew.

I’ll do a big recap separately (hopefully on Friday), but today I wanted to post about Riley’s fair dance. His class performed at 11:30am on Saturday, the second group to go.

They gathered behind the cafeteria to change into their fair dance tshirts and get into their lines before filing out into the parking lot and up onto the stage. They were all so excited to see each other.

IMG_8001

IMG_8006

IMG_8004

IMG_8013

Since I helped the kids with their moves throughout their performance, I put Nopsi in charge of my camera and Kenny in charge of taking video. I love how happy Riley looked when he walked out onstage and saw his family waiting for him below. Nola, Nopsi, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Jeff, Aunt E, Kate, QP, and James were all there.

IMG_8019

DSC_4618

DSC_4649

DSC_4613

DSC_4620

Diana, Jamey, and Alcee even got out there early to see Riley; Alcee’s class didn’t perform until later that afternoon. We got to see her dance, too.

20141108_124521

Riley was in the back row for their first run-through. When he came up front for the second time, he unfortunately spent much of the song wiping his face.

DSC_4625

DSC_4626

DSC_4629

The influx of cooler weather brought out some nose drippage; he also had a really bad cough most of the weekend. At one point we weren’t sure we would make it to the fair at all, but he was a trooper. He was determined to ride those rides!

DSC_4636

DSC_4642

DSC_4630

I could tell Riley wasn’t feeling completely like himself on Saturday afternoon, mostly because he was so tired. His cough had prevented him from sleeping well for a couple of nights, and it caught up with him after a long day at the fair. Sweet boy. 

DSC_4645

The video is long (just under 6 minutes), but it’s cute. The kids did pretty well with the dance, and Riley still had a decent amount of energy since it was early in the day.

Comprehensive Oyster Festival weekend recap coming up next.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comments:

Kenny said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday to my Baby!!!! I love you very much! <3 (L)

~Kenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...