Monday, November 17, 2014

Twenty Months {Rory}

Rory turned 20 months on Friday. This is the first time I am late with a birthday post, for him or for his big brother. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I still feel guilty. So sorry, sweetness!

He weighs 26.15 pounds and stands about 33 inches tall. He wears size 24-month to 2T clothing, a size 7 shoe, and a size 5 diaper.

Here’s what I want to remember about this past month:

  • His eating habits have stayed the same. At least one good meal a day, and no problems with drinking milk. In fact, he seems to want even more milk than usual these days.
  • He loves beef jerky.
  • He takes one good nap a day, usually for 2-2.5 hours. He goes to sleep for the night around 7pm and he almost always wakes up around 5:30am. Grrr.
  • He still takes a paci for both naps and at night. He may be harder to wean off of it than his brother was. We shall see.
  • He is still not talking but he is extremely vocal and he understands a lot.
  • He knows where his nose, ears, eyes, hair, mouth, and dimples are.
  • He has started to tear some of his books apart, especially ones with flaps that flip up or down. I don’t remember Riley being that destructive with his books at this age.
  • He has also started to throw toys more often. And when I tell him “no,” he sticks his lower lip out and gets upset.
  • I sing “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” and “My Favorite Things” to him every night when I put him to bed.
  • He has become more interested in tv lately, although his attention wanders after 10 minutes or so. He likes Mickey, Doc McStuffins, and Scooby Doo.
  • When I attempt to get him to do something he doesn’t want to do, he has begun throwing himself onto the floor and crying for a bit. So dramatic. I ignore him and it usually doesn’t last long.
  • He LOVES playing outside and will often go stand by the door when he wants to go out. If I can’t take him out, he protests by whining and crying. If we do go out, he loves pushing his yellow dump truck around.
  • He loves walking/running down the sidewalk. If I try to turn him around or encourage him to go in a certain direction, he cries. But if I let him do what he wants, he’s all good.
  • He is such a sweet, sweet boy, and I love hearing him laugh, especially if it’s at something his brother is doing.

Twenty months old!

IMG_8085

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...