Wednesday, April 10, 2013

While We Were Sick…..

As I said on Tuesday, Riley had his moments of extreme inactivity while he was sick, but for the most part he wanted to play like he normally does. He and I even had some special bonding time on Saturday morning that I’m so glad Kenny thought to capture.

DSC_2115

He climbed up on the couch next to me and Rory and proceeded to stick his fingers in my ears.

ears

So I did what any good mother would do: I stuck my fingers in his ears. Of course he found that hilarious, and I was so glad to hear his laughter.

DSC_2122

We also had our first mother-son slow dance later that morning, to the classical music on Rory’s swing (which Riley is a bit obsessed with these days). So sweet.

DSC_2129 DSC_2131

And of course Kenny got to spend lots of quality time with the sick boy, too. He got out two photobooks to show to Riley: his birth story and his book of firsts. Riley loved seeing himself as a baby, although he kept saying the pictures were of Rory and not Riley.

IMG_7275 DSC_2135

And Rory? Well, Rory did just what he does best these days. He took a nap in his bed, he snoozed in my arms and Kenny’s, and he chilled on his daddy’s lap.

IMG_1935

IMG_1941

IMG_7265 IMG_1945

DSC_2141

Taking it easy on Monday proved to be a wise decision: Riley’s fever remains gone, and he is looking and acting much more like himself, even choosing to sit next to his brother for a bit to watch Mickey.

DSC_2149

I only have one more thing to say…..

IMG_7283 IMG_7277

DSC_2151

Hallelujah.

3 comments:

Kenny said... Best Blogger Tips

It was nice spending the quality time together, but I sure am glad we're all feeling better!

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad the whole family is better now and that Rory stayed well (tough little sprout!)! Very cute Tshirt in that last shot of Riley (lol)! So glad I have this way to stay in touch with your family!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I too am so glad everyone seems to be better.. ANDF Rory is growing too fast. Seems so alert and whimsacal Hugs, Grams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...