Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vive la France!

So…..

IMG_4825

…..I’m going to Paris next month. For nine days. With Nola, QP, the three McF girls, and Lizzie. Holy tamole are we going to have some fun.

IMG_4827

It hasn’t really hit me that I’ll be in Europe with six other wonderful women for a little more than a week. It probably won’t completely sink in until I walk onto the plane.

IMG_1096

I’ve been to Paris once before, way back in 1997. The trip was a high school graduation gift from QP and UJ, and we went to London and Paris the summer after my senior year. We had an awesome time.

IMG_1097

I’m excited to go back and revisit many of the famous Parisian landmarks I’ve already seen, like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Champs-Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe, and the Musee de Rodin, as well as potentially discover a few new ones.

IMG_1098

I’m also excited to see the City of Light through the eyes of a 32-year-old instead of a 17-year-old. It’s not that I’m ungrateful for my first trip, but I know I’ll have a whole new level of appreciation for this one now that I’m older.

IMG_1105

Plus, I’ll legally be able to drink. So there’s that.

IMG_1106

I’m going to miss my two boys so much while I’m gone, but I know Riley-bean will have tons of fun with his daddy while Mama is away. And, while Kenny is working, Riley will get to spend lots of time with Nopsi, Aunt E, and Grandma. He probably won’t even know I’m gone.

IMG_1108

So if things start to slow down around here over the next few weeks, it’s because I’m busy making lists, packing, repacking, packing some more, and spending as much time with my boys as possible until I leave.

IMG_1109

But I promise there will be lots of recap posts (and accompanying pics) when I return. And who knows? Maybe I’ll even coerce Kenny into doing a couple of posts on his own while I’m gone.

IMG_1112

Ooh, now that’s an idea…..

2 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

And with my iPad and tree wifi in our Paris apartment, we will be able to enjoy all of Kenny's posts!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I know you'al will have a wonderful time please bring Grms back a pair of WHITE EARRINGS ( CLAMP) I have been looking for a pair all summer and last summer too. Anyway, Hugs, Grams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...