Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Video Tuesday: Dinnertime Conversation

As Kenny and I were driving home from downtown on Sunday afternoon, he was lamenting the fact that he had to go back to work in the morning. I also realized that I had to go back to “work,” too: I had to completely switch gears back to being a mom. I sure did miss my boy while we were busy with wedding events, but I have to admit it was nice being off duty for a few days.

However, if my first full day back with Riley was any indication, this is going to be a rough week:

I stubbed my right big toe on Riley’s changing table and ripped more than half of the nail away from the bed. Ouch.

Then I banged the top of my head, hard, on the underside of the cabinet in the laundry room. Double ouch.

And then I cut my finger outside while trying to flip the circuit breaker to our master bedroom. Triple ouch.

But I also somehow managed to empty the dishwasher, wash and fold six loads of laundry, vacuum most of the downstairs, and cook dinner for Kenny and me, all while handling the needs of an increasingly stubborn 20-month-old little boy.

So while I go nurse my wounds, please enjoy this video of my conversation with Riley while he was having his dinner one evening last week.

First days back are always the hardest, right? Right?

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Riley is such a eater. No baby food- just a very smart MOM who taak pains to cook and fix him the food. So proud of you PC Hugs, Grams

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, I can't believe how well he speaks for only being 20 months old. You've got a stellar kid, Court! -Jenn

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

That face, when he's thinking, what did I have for lunch, anyway? Cracks me UP.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...