Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother’s Day

Sunday was my second ever Mother’s Day. (Well, third, if you count the year Riley-bean was still in utero.) Motherhood sure is one wild ride, and things are just getting started. I can already guarantee that Riley’s third year is going to be so much more challenging. Sheesh.

IMG_1048

Kenny actually got my Mom’s Day celebration started on Saturday morning when he made French toast for breakfast. Riley helped by sitting on the counter and trying to kick the bowl. He’s useful like that.

IMG_4758 IMG_4759

After breakfast we lounged around for a bit, of course with Mickey Mouse on in the background.

IMG_4766

Then Kenny took Riley off to run errands while I got some things done around the house. They finally got back home, we all had a late lunch, the boy went down for a nap, and I started cooking for the next day. (Nopsi had planned a brunch at their house, and I was tasked with making this. SO good.)

IMG_4771

Grandma arrived just before Riley woke up and she stayed through dinner. We had a very nice early Mother’s Day celebration with her; thanks for coming over, Grandma!

IMG_4773

The next day I woke up to discover a bouquet of flowers and two cards waiting for me on the dining room table. My boys were very sweet to me! We had a leisurely morning and then went over to Nola and Nopsi’s for brunch. Late morning mimosas, gifts out on the back porch, and a delicious meal made for one wonderful Mother’s Day with my family.

DSC_0071

Later back at home, Kenny prepared dinner for the two of us while I laid in bed and watched tv all afternoon. (It was glorious.) Once the boy was up from his nap, we took him outside for a bit, and then I had him fed, bathed, dressed, and in bed just after 7pm. I came downstairs to candlelight, an open bottle of wine, and a delicious-smelling meal. Kenny made maple bourbon glazed pork chops, roasted sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts, and rosemary focaccia bread. And, to top it all off, he also made vanilla crème brulee for dessert. Talk about scrumptious.

DSC_0049

Thank you, Ken, so very much, for making this Mother’s Day a truly special one.

DSC_0060

I am one lucky girl to have you by my side and our little boy in my arms.

I love you both very much!

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

So sweet. You're all lucky: that's one great family unit.

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE that last picture of the 3 of you!! You should get that blown up as a canvas print! Such a great post!

M'ville said... Best Blogger Tips

It was my pleasure to be there. It was a very special Mother's Day for me, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...