Thursday, March 31, 2011

Off Duty

Kenny, Riley, and I have spent the last two weekends by ourselves at home, which you know I love. Kenny has gotten lots done around the house (cutting and fertilizing the grass, planting flowers in our front gardens, trying to make sense of the piles of paperwork in the office, etc.), and I have mostly been on Riley duty, although Ken was a big help when I was a little under the weather.

Darn allergies. I’ve never had to deal with them until recently. They suck.

IMG_9780

 IMG_9783 IMG_9789

IMG_9798

This past weekend, though, I was officially off duty for 5 hours on Saturday, leaving Riley in Kenny’s very capable hands. About a month ago I scheduled a 90-minute massage at a great spa not far from our house. And the big day finally arrived. I NEEDED that massage. Hefting the boy up and down and around all day is becoming much harder now that he’s pushing 20 pounds. My muscles were pleading to be pampered, not abused.

I really, really, really did not want to leave the spa. But I did, reluctantly, albeit slick with oil and feeling glorious.

If I could afford it, I would get a professional massage every single week. I know some people are weird about having a stranger touching them for a solid hour, but not me. Besides, the girl I went to wasn’t a complete stranger: I was booked with her by chance a year and a half ago for my birthday massage. She was so good you better believe I requested her again, which is mostly why it took so long for this day to come. It took four weeks for our schedules to finally mesh. Completely worth it, though; the woman is skilled.

After dragging myself away from heaven, I headed to a nearby CC’s for coffee. I had decided I would forgo my typical early morning fix and instead spend some quiet time reading my current book while I caffeinated a little later than usual. Another glorious half hour.

Two quick(ish) shopping trips to Loft and Kohl’s later, I arrived home, and it was back to business as usual. I missed my boys, but I sure did enjoy that time to myself.

IMG_9810

IMG_9847 IMG_9850

I may have to make it a monthly tradition.

Every good mom needs a break now and then, right?

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

So many photos, yay! That child sure does love being outside.

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Balance. It's all about balance. I'm glad you had the time for yourself, Angel. God Bless Ken for being the kind of guy who recognizes that need and helps to make that happen.

Oh,and QP is right....we LOVED all the pictures.

Cheryl said... Best Blogger Tips

Everybody needs to be recharged regularly. Go for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...