Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Four New Things

I had originally planned to break these four things up into four separate posts, but at the rate I’m taking pictures, I simply cannot afford to do that. Riley would be a year old and I’d still be blogging about what he was doing back in his tenth month!

So combine I shall.

1. At Riley’s six month appointment with Dr. B we were told to introduce a sippy cup into the mix. The first couple of tries weren’t all that successful (note his very damp shirt in the right picture below), and I have to admit that I haven’t stuck with it. You’d think that I’d be itching to get rid of those darn bottles, but it’s become so much a part of my routine that I really don’t mind.

I know, I know; I need to stick with trying out the sippy more so Riley can get used to it. And I will.

Eventually.

IMG_9258 IMG_9261

2. Riley is really close to outgrowing his little plastic bathtub (Remember when he was this little? Be still my heart.), so I knew it was time to look for something else to use during bath time. I saw a cool bath ring on another blog I read, so I decided we would give it a try.

I’m really hoping it works better when he’s older and can sit up really well by himself. It failed miserably the first time, and, like the sippy cup, we haven't gone back to it.

It could, of course, have been operator error. I think we actually filled the tub up way too much, which we will most definitely correct next time.

At least he looked cute standing up in the tub with the ring around his little waist.

IMG_9362

3. Since Riley is officially sitting up, I figured it was time to try out the shopping cart liner I got as a shower present. I unpacked it last week and off we went to Rouses to grocery shop. I think he needs a bit more control before the liner really works the way it’s supposed to (I packed bags of apples, mangoes, and potatoes on either side of him to keep him more upright), but I think it’s a great invention!

I apparently also need to learn how to use it correctly: I had it inside out the whole time. Oh, well.

(Note Riley’s very tired eyes in the picture on the right; he was WAY ready for a nap.)

IMG_9430 IMG_9431

4. On account of Riley inching and rolling and scooting so much these days, I have sacrificed my living room’s style in favor of giving him more space.

Sigh.

den

I especially love the coffee table’s new location. Don’t you?

5. So I know there’s not supposed to be a number five, but I just had to post this picture:

IMG_9335

If you can ignore the sheen of drool all over his chin and the clear shot straight up his nostrils, how gorgeous are this child’s eyelashes???

5 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Wait...you're taking a lot of pictures?! That's so out of character. (hee hee hee)

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

1. I LOVE #5 picture of Rileybean. Can't wait to order one in with the March batch.
2. Get rid of that nasty bathtub ring thing. How can you wash his lower parts? Put a couple of inches of water in the tub, get a rubber bathmat for him to sit on so he doesn't slip around, throw in a few toys, voila!!!!!!!!Fun times! OR, bathe him in the kitchen sink until he outgrows that and is big enough to sit stably in the tub. Jeff LOVED the kitchen sink.
3. Put away the bouncy seat, up in the guest room closet or in the attic. Get it out of there.
4. Why not move the coffee table to alongside the couch that backs up to the kitchen? It would still be out of the way, but you would have better access to it for placing drinks, etc. on it. If you have to shift the couches a little towards the front of the house to give you more room to walk from the den to the kitchen, so be it.

I think my work here is done.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I like my daily Riley time... :)

hugs
Love, Lizzie

Cheryl said... Best Blogger Tips

The Riley pics are great but the map of the den is priceless. How creative! I want to know how you did that.

Trisha said... Best Blogger Tips

Ok the bath ring is HILARIOUS!!! He was probably like what in the world is mom and dad doing to me! Also HILARIOUS...Ms. Gay commenting on arrangement of furniture...she always spicing up her furniture's life huh?! My house next???

Court, I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoy reading your post. Riley is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see him in this stage of his life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...