Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rascal Flatts

Kenny and I were supposed to see Rascal Flatts in concert in New Orleans on February 4, but the show was postponed because of the freak ice storm that hit the south that week. They rescheduled for Sunday, March 13, so that was the main reason the three of us were in NOLA last weekend.

We left Riley with his Nola for the night. After a great dinner at Atchafalaya uptown (a wonderful place we hadn’t tried before….we’ll definitely go back), Kenny and I headed to the New Orleans Arena for the concert. Long lines greeted us when we arrived, but we didn’t have to wait too long to get inside.

IMG_9636

Luke Bryan, whom neither of us had ever heard of before, opened up the show. Kenny and I both enjoyed listening to him; I may have to get his CD. His voice was country smooth, his songs were cleverly written, and he had great energy.

IMG_9656

Then the main act came onto the stage: the three guys that make up Rascal Flatts (Gary, Jay, and Joe Don) and their band (all Louisiana boys!). I had been wanting to see RF perform live for a long, long time, and I’m so glad I finally got the chance. They’re one of those bands that sound exactly the same in person as they do on their CD’s or on the radio, and they put on a great show.

IMG_9684

IMG_9690 

Each of the guys took time to chat a bit with the crowd in between songs, which was a nice personal touch. (It didn’t take long before all three were wearing Mardi Gras beads handed to them by some fans.) They all seem to be really laid-back, down-to-earth, genuine people. And they’re funny!

IMG_9704

 IMG_9687 IMG_9707 IMG_9678 

The show was fantastic, our seats were fabulous, and it was great for Kenny and I to have some time to ourselves.

You know, just the two of us.

With 15,000 other RF fans.

IMG_9723

Special thanks to Nola for watching Riley-bean and giving us a night off!

1 comments:

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad you guys enjoyed your night out and the concert. You know I am not a huge country music fan, but I AM going to see Kenny Chesney on the 1st .... hmmmm ... a first for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...