Monday, February 7, 2011

Video Monday: Baby Einstein

I recently purchased Baby Neptune – Discovering Water, which is part of the Baby Einstein DVD series. I decided to play it for Riley one afternoon last week and see what happened.

This is him after the 25-minute main attraction was over. (I contemplated playing it for him again but instead selected the “Aquarium” option from the Bonus Features menu.)

This is what he was like during much of the main part of the DVD. Alternating between calm and mesmerized and then non-stop with his legs and fairly vocal, too, including some cute laughs every now and then. Perhaps he’s going to be interested in marine life like his mom!

After about 5 minutes of watching the “aquarium,” I picked him up and put him on my lap. He was still very restless and squirmy, so I started bringing his foot to his nose to see if that entertained him.

This is him about a minute into this activity:

He was so wired after watching the video. I could tell he was getting sleepy (note his squinty eyes in the second video), but I was afraid he wouldn’t nap at all that afternoon because the video wound him up so much. I guess he tired himself out enough, though, because he napped for an hour!

In short, the Baby Einstein video seems to be a hit. I may have to look into purchasing a few other titles. And his playmat is actually made by Baby Einstein, too, so it has many of the same characters and music on it. It will be really cool when he can associate one with the other!

3 comments:

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

REAL trouble seeing this video, Courtney. Got sound, no problem. Video not progressing.......or the first one either. My computer or your upload? But enough to know how adorable it is........

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Video fixed; sorry, my computer. I'll bet JEM would like the Baby Einstein video too!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Way cool. I'm thinking we could put Riley on my balcony on any given weekend ... if he was mesmerized by the fish in 'Neptune,' just think what the wildlife in the Quarter would do for him!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...