Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kenny’s Birthday Weekend, Part One

IMG_8618

Kenny turned 33 on Sunday and his parents came to town for the occasion.

(Oh, and they also came to see Riley. Go figure!)

We did what any typical south Louisiana family does when they get together, whether celebrating something or not: we ate. And we ate. And we ate. And then we ate some more.

We got take-out from a new little restaurant near our house on Friday night, and my chicken pesto flatbread squares sure were tasty. Kenny and I are glad we liked the food because there aren’t many options close to our house to choose from if I don’t feel like cooking. We hope this new place makes it!

Then we tried take-out from another new place (BBQ) for lunch on Saturday. The good news is the food was good. The bad news is this joint is not close to the house. Oh well.

Then I got myself into the kitchen and did some home cookin’ for our Saturday dinner and our Sunday lunch. (Mom, are you impressed?) On Saturday night we had this tasty dip as an appetizer (I omitted the jalapeno and olives and added corn and black beans) and then my favorite chicken dish along with oven roasted potatoes and asparagus. Yum.

On Sunday I made this awesome soup (pictured below…don’t you wish you were on the other end of the spoon?) for a late birthday lunch, as well as oh-so-good gooey butter cake for the birthday boy. Then Kenny and I escaped for a quick bar dinner at Bonefish Grill later that evening since Grandma agreed to stay behind and keep one ear on the baby monitor. Three appetizers and a drink each later, we were back at home relaxing after a great weekend.

IMG_8619

I’m pretty sure I will not be able to zip up my jeans tomorrow.

But I sacrificed my girlish figure (yeah, right!) so that I could properly honor my husband’s day of birth in grand fashion.

It was the least I could do for the one I love.

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

If you can't zip your own jeans, wear his! Seems to be a family thing....

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Who ARE you and what have you done with my daughter? You know, the one who only cooked one meal when she was growing up because she HAD to for her home ec class. But I gotta say; I'm impressed beyond belief with the transition you have made to wife, mother, domestic diva. And the recipes you find are all fabulous. Bravo, Angel.

PS I hate to complain because you do such a good job of posting often, but I've forgotten what Riley looks like.

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

And I have leftover shrimp all cooked and in the freezer; I might make this to take to Tim and Kellye's on Sunday......or perhaps just to snack on around HERE. YUM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...