Friday, February 11, 2011

Superbowl Weekend

I’m back. Yay! I know y’all missed me very much, and trust me when I say that the feeling is mutual. It sure was weird not posting anything for two days.

I’ll try not to let it happen again.

So this was the first year I can remember not going anywhere for Superbowl Sunday. Someone in our group of friends has thrown a party every year, starting back when we were in college. But I guess things change once you add kids into the mix, and many of us are at that point.

Plus, this year was not nearly as appealing to us Louisianians as last year was. Sigh. Maybe next year, Saints; maybe next year. Although, I did hear that a friend of my mom's was invited to a party where LAST year's game was shown instead of this year's. Awesome idea. Because really, what do the people of Louisiana care about the Steelers or the Packers? Give us our boys in black and gold!

(Congrats to the Packers for their big win, though. We were rooting for our fellow NFCers!)

It was actually kind of nice not to have any plans for the game. The three of us had been in New Orleans for a long weekend starting Thursday, so we were glad to come back home early Sunday afternoon and relax. We went into town for a couple of reasons, but the main one was for the Rascal Flatts concert on Friday night. I have always wanted to see them perform live, so when I heard they would be in NOLA, I got tickets for Kenny and me. I love their music, and besides, what better venue is there for me to wear my boots! I was psyched.

Sadly, the concert was not to be. The huge winter storm that affected so many people across the U.S. prevented the band's equipment from arriving safely and in time (we almost didn't make it in, either), so the show was postponed until March. Damn.

My mom was still prepared to babysit for Riley, though, so Kenny and I went out anyway, to dinner in the Quarter. We tried a fairly new restaurant called Sylvain, and we both loved it. I'll definitely want to make a return trip.

Being in NOLA this weekend also meant we got to see lots of our friends at a birthday party on Saturday morning. Karen's daughter Molly turned 4, and we were there to help her celebrate. Riley slept through the first half of the party and then woke up in a great mood. And the birthday girl even took time out from her adorable princess-themed party to help feed my boy. Too cute.

IMG_8728

IMG_8713

IMG_8722 IMG_8731 IMG_8735 IMG_8736

IMG_8729

IMG_8732

After the party we went back to my parents' house to have lunch with Lizzie and Doug. My dad got into town shortly after we arrived at the house, and QP and UJ also stopped by later that afternoon. Then later that evening Uncle Jeff and Aunt Erin came over for family pizza night. It's always so fun seeing so many people when we go to New Orleans!

IMG_8739

IMG_8744

IMG_8747

4 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Whew. Welcome back! Such sweet pictures. That Bean is so stinkin' cute.

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes, welcome back. My life is complete once again. You do have a knack for capturing the very sweet and fun sides of your boy.

Erin Hanby said... Best Blogger Tips

I absolutely LOVE the pics of Riley and Daddy and Riley and Nopsi. Total framers!!! Glad to have you back!

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

Good to "hear" your voice again! A shame about the concert, but at least you and your boots got a night out!! LOVE the first pic of Riley and Nopsi!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...