Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Small Steps and Feline Friends

This past weekend was the laziest we have been in weeks. It was so nice! The weather was pretty overcast and a little dreary on Saturday, so Kenny and I thoroughly enjoyed lounging on the couch and watching a mini “Deadliest Catch” marathon on tv. LOVE that show.

Sunday was a bit more productive, at least for Kenny. He had been promising me for weeks that he would get into our back bedroom that we use as an office and clean up the disaster area it had become. This was important for a number of reasons, but most of all because it’s the first step in us being able to put together the nursery. The current guest room furniture will be moved to the middle bedroom, and the stuff in the middle bedroom needed to be moved to the office, so the current guest room can be turned into the nursery. Follow all of that?

Anyway, Kenny started the process on Sunday. He cleaned up the office (who knew we actually had carpet in there?) and got the bed and bookcase from the middle bedroom moved back there. Yay, small steps of progress! And…….he got the changing table put together! Don’t worry; I’ll make sure he keeps it firmly on the ground when the baby is occupying it. :)

IMG_2694IMG_2697

Sunday’s highlight for me was the arrival of two furry feline houseguests. Kenny and I are watching my parents’ two kitties while they are out of town for a while. Jeff was in Houston this past weekend and brought Jem and Scout to us on his way back to NOLA. They’ve been here less than 48 hours, but I’m already loving it. It’s so nice to have some company during the day! I’ve gotten some lap time with both of them, but they’re still getting their bearings and checking out their new digs.

IMG_2702IMG_2699

Jem is the orange one and Scout is the tabby. And they’re actually both in the picture below….can you spot Scout?

IMG_2704

I already don’t want them to leave……Mom, can I keep them? Pretty please?

3 comments:

qp said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the pic of the both of them. That Scout. She found her old favorite spot!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so glad you are enjoying your kitties. That Scout: I can't believe she found her old favorite spot.

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww kitties!! I have one now! I have to post a picture of Moonfart! She's been exploring our new house and we keep finding her in boxes & closets, you will LOVE her!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...