Monday, May 24, 2010

Nursery Progress and Other Things

Kenny and I have made some decent progress on the nursery in the past week. We switched the guest room furniture to the middle bedroom so that the nursery is now mostly bare. Lots of free space for Kenny to work on putting the crib and dresser together! He made a start on the crib last night but didn’t quite get it finished. And in running a number of errands yesterday we were able to pick up a mattress to have that on hand and ready. However, after reading lots of reviews earlier today, the one we purchased may not be the best option, both in general and for the specific crib we have. I’m sure we’ll figure it out!

IMG_2816

One of the places we went yesterday was Barnes and Noble. I was getting a little low on books and had a gift card to spend. Kenny actually dropped me off and went to get a few things from Sam’s while I browsed. Unfortunately, books aren’t his thing. I am hoping and praying this kid of ours likes to read.

I really shouldn’t be let loose in a bookstore by myself. I’m not sure how long I was there, but it wasn’t as long as I could have stayed had I been on my own. Still, even making a quick pass left me lugging a dozen books to the checkout. Our credit card took a hit, but at least I’m all set for a long time!

After finishing Still Life with Crows, I moved on to Stone Cold and am now into The World from Rough Stones. I’m struggling a bit with that one. It’s fairly long and a bit slow, set in England in the 1800s, and filled with hard-to-read dialogue between characters. I’m about halfway through and already looking forward to picking out my next conquest!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...