Sunday, May 30, 2010

NOWFE Weekend

When Mom and Dad picked up the cats from our house on Wednesday, I actually decided to ride to NOLA with them. I spent some time with the two of them and got to see various friends and family.

But all I really did was eat! One of the meals I was most excited about was lunch with Dad, Jeff, and Scott on Thursday at Cochon Butcher (www.cochonbutcher.com). Jeff had been talking about it for months, so I’m glad it worked out for us to go. It’s a tiny little place around the corner from the much larger parent restaurant, Cochon, in the Warehouse District. Between the four of us we tried the cuban sandwich, the duck pastrami and gruyere sliders, the boudin, and the pancetta macaroni and cheese. All was delicious!

IMG_2817

While in town I was also able to see my grandparents, have a great dinner with Karen at Sun Ray Grill, eat sushi (the non-raw kind!) with my dad, have a family dinner with my parents and Jeff and Erin, and see Sex and the City 2 with my mom and our friend Perry. (The movie was entertaining but not as good as the first one.) Whew!

Then on Saturday we went to the New Orleans Wine and Food Experience (a.k.a. NOWFE; www.nowfe.com). Kenny and I had decided months ago that we were going to skip it this year on account of my pregnancy, but then my uncle came through with two free tickets. We had to take advantage of that because, after all, even though I couldn’t drink I could still eat!

IMG_2822IMG_2820 IMG_2824

As usual it was a great event. Most of the guys agreed on their favorite red in the room, an $85-a-bottle cabernet sauvignon from L’Aventure Winery in Paso Robles, CA. (Yes, I did try it...I had to! It was wonderful.) And there was lots more food this year than last, which was great for me. But of course we had to go out to eat afterwards anyway since most of the group focused on the wine, not the food. We finished up the night at Cafe Degas, and I promptly fell right asleep once my head hit my pillow. What a great weekend!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...