Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Book Update

Wow. I haven’t posted anything on my reading hobby since October! The last thing I wrote about was the Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon. I finished the latest installment, An Echo in the Bone, fairly quickly considering it’s a lengthy 832 pages. And Ms. Gabaldon did not disappoint…she picked up the story right where the last book ended and completely left me wanting more. What started out as a supposed trilogy has turned into (at least) eight spectacular novels. Too bad I’ll most likely have to wait a year or more for the next one!

Since finishing Echo I have read a dozen additional books (that I can remember). What can I say? Since my only job these days is to grow the baby, that leaves me with lots of free time! Here’s a list of what I’ve read since October:

  1. The Grave Tattoo (V. McDermid)
  2. Scarpetta (P. Cornwell): the 16th book in one of my favorite crime series.
  3. Terminal Freeze (L. Child)
  4. Red River (L. Tademy): same author as Cane River, which was much better, IMHO.
  5. Grave Goods (A. Franklin)
  6. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (S. Larsson): excellent; can’t wait to read the next in the series and see the movie!
  7. Fluke (C. Moore): incredibly strange and kooky yet somewhat enjoyable.
  8. Eat, Pray, Love (E. Gilbert): surprisingly (to me) very good.
  9. The Forgotten Garden (K. Morton)
  10. First Family (D. Baldacci)
  11. The Senator’s Wife (S. Miller)
  12. The Bodies Left Behind (J. Deaver)

I’m now into Still Life with Crows, by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. The main character, Special Agent Pendergast of the FBI, is a favorite of mine, so I was glad to find this book in my stash of un-reads. There are also two more books featuring Pendergast that I have on my list to acquire, as well as the newest in Patricia Cornwell’s Scarpetta series. One thing’s for certain: I am never lacking for things to read!

1 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

I have The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo as well, not started yet but I'm excited to! Also have the Patricia Cornwell. I'm SO behind! I need to have reading as my job...but without the baby part. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...