Monday, May 17, 2010

Honeymoon Scrapbook

This weekend I finally made myself sit down at my dining room table and start putting together our last scrapbook from our honeymoon. Kenny was gone all day Saturday and the weather here wasn’t the greatest, so it was a good excuse to get started. I finished the other two books a couple of years ago, and since our honeymoon was actually almost three years ago, the last one really needs to be completed! Plus I figure I won’t have ANY time once the baby arrives, so all the more reason to do it now.

I used to scrapbook a lot during high school and college but then it got to be too much for me to keep up with. However, I never got into the intense scrapbook mentality with all of the fancy paper, paints, and stickers. Just give me some colored paint pens or Sharpies, pictures, and maybe a few mementos from a trip, and I’m all set.

I figured Kenny’s and my honeymoon was special enough to document it in a special way, so I went back to my scrapbook roots. We honeymooned in Hawaii and went to three different islands, thus the three separate books. It was actually really fun to get back into it….looking at all of the pictures again reminded me just how much fun we had! And Scout, as you can see below, was a big help to me.

IMG_2788IMG_2790IMG_2791

I’m not done yet, but I made great progress. Of course the last scrapbook is from the last island we visited (Kauai) and also where we did the most stuff. It’s going to be a big book!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...