Thursday, May 13, 2010

Baby Updates

So Monday night of this week was a bit scary for Kenny and me: we ended up in the hospital. Let me first say that everything is fine with me and with the baby. I had been experiencing some bad stomach pains starting Sunday night that I thought may just be gas, but they got bad enough on Monday for me to call the emergency line. The doctor on call told me to come in so labor could be ruled out, so Kenny and I headed over to the hospital. I wasn’t extremely worried since I was still feeling the baby move, but it was still a scary situation not knowing what was really going on.

Three hours, a few tests, and a lot of waiting later, it was determined I have an oh-so-common-during-pregnancy bladder infection, and that is what’s causing some of my pain. Fun! I’m on a 5-day course of antibiotics, which should clear it up and give me some relief. The only good thing about the night was that we got to see what the labor and delivery suites are like a little early: very spacious and nice!

photo 5-10

I was also glad my next appointment with my doctor was this week so I could fill her in on everything that had happened. I saw her yesterday and she reassured me that we did the right thing by going in and that the medication I’m on is perfectly safe and the right one for the job. And she told me that my pain also stems from my stomach muscles and ligaments continuing to stretch and tear to accommodate my growing uterus. So while the pain probably won’t go away completely when the infection clears up, at least I know the baby isn’t affected at all by it.

Everything else went well at the appointment. My blood pressure is still within normal limits (128/88), I’m still gaining weight at a nice pace, and the baby’s heartrate is still going strong. I don’t have the results of the glucose test yet, but it wasn’t that bad at all. The stuff tasted like red Koolaid on steroids, but I managed to get it down in the time allotted pretty easily. Fingers crossed that I pass!

1 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

What in the world!? I am so glad you and baby S are OK! Love you bunches friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...