Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Annual Crawfish Boil

IMG_2677

Last Saturday Kenny and I welcomed almost 50 people to our house for our annual crawfish boil. We were really worried most of the week leading up to boil day because of the weather, but it could not have turned out better. There was supposed to be heavy rain all morning and into the afternoon, but the bad stuff ended up coming through the night before and the day dawned bright, sunny, and breezy. Whew!

IMG_2665

Kenny and I were so excited to have such a good turnout of our friends and family, especially with so many making 2- and 3-hour trips to get here. It was a wonderful afternoon, but as always it went by too quickly. I feel like I didn’t get to visit long enough with everyone who was here!

IMG_2664IMG_2671IMG_2683IMG_2682IMG_2679IMG_2674IMG_2680

My parents made the drive over from Houston, and they brought with them three big boxes from Target. Nursery furniture! I was having trouble finding the changing table and the dresser to go with the Delta Eclipse crib I picked out a couple of months ago, but luckily a store in Houston had all three in stock. Yay! None of it is assembled yet since we still have lots of things to move around before we can begin to put together the baby’s room, but all three pieces are ready and waiting.

Thanks SO much, Mom and Dad, for picking it all up and bringing it to me! I can’t wait to see how it all looks in the completed room.

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

We had a great time. It was a perfect day and the critters were 'licious. Thanks for all ya'll did.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...