Wednesday, April 7, 2010

20 Weeks and the Big Ultrasound

Last Wednesday was my most recent doctor’s appointment, including our big ultrasound. Some stats first: my blood pressure is great (102/72), I’m still gaining weight at a good pace, and the baby’s heartrate is a healthy 143. Baby is also growing exactly according to schedule, right on target with my due date of August 23. Here’s my first official belly pic!

IMG_2548

Now for the fun part: the ultrasound. Let me just say that technology is SO incredibly cool these days. The baby started out fairly motionless in a breech position (legs down) but eventually flipped around and cooperated beautifully to let the tech see everything he needed to see.

ultrasound1

Hands, arms, legs, feet, brain, heart, kidneys, etc. are all in place and functioning. We saw and heard the heart beating, which was so neat. And near the end of the 20 minute exam the baby was really moving around, which was great. I hadn’t really started to feel any movement yet, so it was very reassuring to see on the monitor. However, I think I’ve felt the first movements within the past week. It’s hard to tell since they’re not really strong yet, but something’s definitely going on in there!

ultrasound2

I’m still trying to figure out how to convert the DVD file to a format I can post, so I unfortunately couldn’t include the video here. Hopefully between Kenny and me we can get it to work sometime soon!

1 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my gosh this is SO EXCITING!!! I love your baby bump picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...