Monday, April 2, 2018

Cross Painting and Crawfish Dinner

Second grade is communion year. Since our family is not Catholic, Riley will not be receiving his first communion like the rest of his class at the end of April. (There are actually about 5 or 6 non-Catholics in second grade this year, so he’s not all alone!) However, we are going to attend the special first communion mass and support the rest of his classmates who are Catholic. I think that’s important, especially because he’s been going through all of the same preparation and learning the same things as his friends.

It has been tradition for a number of years for the second grade moms to go to Posh Paint Pub and paint a ceramic cross for their second graders prior to communion. I decided there was no reason I couldn’t participate, so I went!

IMG_6318

IMG_6323

IMG_6324

I also decided there was no reason I shouldn’t paint something that Riley really likes on his cross, so I painted a green snake for him. Not exactly traditional, but I think he’ll like it and that’s all that matters. God did create snakes after all, right?

IMG_6325

Everyone’s crosses came out really great. I loved seeing what everyone did. Such a fun night!

IMG_6328

IMG_6337

IMG_6331

The next night was supposed to be Kids Night Out at SCR but for some reason it was cancelled. Our group decided to get together anyway, and Dana offered her house. Diana and Jamey picked up crawfish, and we spent a gorgeous evening on Dana’s back patio. Love this crew!

IMG_6340

IMG_6341

IMG_6344

IMG_6345

IMG_6347

IMG_6350

Easter recaps coming up next!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...